- Bamboo is highly absorbent, absorbing up to three times its weight in water, clearly distinguishing it.
- Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and ideal for sensitive skin. Bamboo fibre is naturally smooth and round without chemical treatment, meaning there are no sharp spurs or harsh chemicals which
may irritate the skin.
- Bamboo has excellent natural antibacterial and deodorising properties, therefore if left damp will not start to smell, unlike cotton, etc.
- Bamboo is an environmentally friendly resource.
- It grows incredibly rapidly and, unlike cotton, thrives without the use of harmful chemical pesticides.
- Bamboo does not require large amounts of water and will grow in dry Australian conditions. It regenerates naturally, does not need replanting, has excellent soil retention properties and helps to prevent soil erosion.
- Bamboo fabric can be 100% biodegraded in soil by microorganisms and sunlight. The decomposition process does not cause any pollution in the environment.
To download our Why Bamboo fact sheet click here